MMX 062 First Unitarian
The Louisville First Unitarian Church was founded in 1830. The Unitarian and Universalist Churches merged in 1870 and built their church on this site, 4th & York Sts. A fire in 1985 consumed all of the sanctuary, leaving only the exterior walls. The church decided to remain in downtown Louisville and rebuilt the structure over a two year period. Architect John Grossman used the stone walls in his design of the new building, which was dedicated 26 March 1989.